Star Wars Rise of the Resistance
(12-07-2019, 11:26 AM)DeLorean Wrote: The only problem is that Disney didn't pay 4 Billion for those properties and don't need to make that money back.

Plus how would the match what they did with rise of the resistance as they would with those?
Disney made that money back a long time ago, long before Star Wars Land was even past the blue sky phase.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-08-2019, 03:39 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Disney made that money back a long time ago, long before Star Wars Land was even past the blue sky phase.

They could have made even more if they had a game plan and tied Galaxys Edge into the sequel trilogy or even just made the sequel trilogy good. I'm glad for Rogue One and The Mandalorian at least Disney has gotten some Star Wars correct.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(12-09-2019, 02:18 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: They could have made even more if they had a game plan and tied Galaxys Edge into the sequel trilogy or even just made the sequel trilogy good. I'm glad for Rogue One and The Mandalorian at least Disney has gotten some Star Wars correct.
Except that, as Disney stated when Galaxy's Edge was announced, that the Black Spire Outpost is a real place in the Galaxy. You aren't in a Star Wars Movie. Additionally, Rise of the Resistance takes place after 2017's The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(12-09-2019, 04:30 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Except that, as Disney stated when Galaxy's Edge was announced, that the Black Spire Outpost is a real place in the Galaxy. You aren't in a Star Wars Movie. Additionally, Rise of the Resistance takes place after 2017's The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker.

Which is in my opinion as a lifelong Star Wars fan is the areas biggest flaw. Thats why Cars Land at CDA or The Wiarding World of Harry Potter are so popular. They dont take you to Harry Potters brothers, sisters former roommates space station lol. They both take you into those actual movies and stories which is why they are so popular. While Galaxys Edge looks cool and is very well themed. I applaud the imagnieers in all their hard work but I just feel Disney missed the mark and it further shows that the leadership of Disney doesnt understand Star Wars. But I do see hope with Jonathan Favreau and Dave Filloni at the helm of the Mandalorian that they could be Star Wars version of Kevin Feige someday. Something Star Wars has needed as Kathleen Kennedy has been horrible.

People like Star Wars because its old and retro. You can't make a new movie that's old and retro. Disney never had a chance of making new Star Wars movies people would actually like, but they did know that people were so loyal to the name they'd pay billions to see Star Wars movies they wouldn't like.

Sometimes it's just best to let things go.
Twirling Ribbons 
I think that the new movies are WAY better then the prequels.
I don't know why everyone is hating on the new movies... I loved Rouge One... Solo was fun to watch and I have watched Last Jedi and force awakens multiple times.
(12-09-2019, 10:04 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: People like Star Wars because its old and retro. You can't make a new movie that's old and retro. Disney never had a chance of making new Star Wars movies people would actually like, but they did know that people were so loyal to the name they'd pay billions to see Star Wars movies they wouldn't like.

Sometimes it's just best to let things go.

I see your point and I agree on the point that a good portion of the fan base will go see it and think its great because of the name. I am more into the lore and the universe of Star Wars which is much larger than the movies. There are some that just say anything Star Wars made by Disney is bad. Thats not me either. A majority of their SW movies have been eh at best but Disney has made a good Star Wars movie. Rogue One was an awesome show and was old and retro. Its my favorite 2nd only to Empire Strike Back. Im also a fan of Star Wars that understands its not for everyone and that I have no problem with people not liking it. 

(12-09-2019, 10:08 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I think that the new movies are WAY better then the prequels.
I don't know why everyone is hating on the new movies... I loved Rouge One... Solo was fun to watch and I have watched Last Jedi and force awakens multiple times.

Rogue One is amazing. Solo was ok. It was a story that didnt need to be told. These new episodes 7 and 8 are better cinematically than the prequels but thats about it. The story and characters have been bland. There has been no one uniform story. Episode 8 is a good movie and if it was a stand alone movie it would be good but as a the middle of the trilogy it's not good.

The prequels have some bad dialog and some cringe worthy acting. But I would take Episode 3 over Episode 7 or 8 anyway. I will be seeing Episode 9 but I have low expectations. The shoe horning in of Palpatine when he has never been foreshawdowed seems like a desperation move on their part to repair the damage they have done. If done right it might work so I am withholding my judgment until I see the movie.

I wish Rey had more of a heros journey than just being instantly superpowerful with no effort. Ive read many of the leaks of the story and I hope they arent correct. I take all leaks with a large grain of salt.

(12-09-2019, 07:19 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Which is in my opinion as a lifelong Star Wars fan is the areas biggest flaw. Thats why Cars Land at CDA or The Wiarding World of Harry Potter are so popular. They dont take you to Harry Potters brothers, sisters former roommates space station lol. They both take you into those actual movies and stories which is why they are so popular. While Galaxys Edge looks cool and is very well themed. I applaud the imagnieers in all their hard work but I just feel Disney missed the mark and it further shows that the leadership of Disney doesnt understand Star Wars. But I do see hope with Jonathan Favreau and Dave Filloni at the helm of the Mandalorian that they could be Star Wars version of Kevin Feige someday. Something Star Wars has needed as Kathleen Kennedy has been horrible.
Except that Galaxy's Edge exists on it's own and is unlike any themed are or land any park has attempted. The Wizarding World and Cars Land only exist in their own world. Not everyone is going to understand or care about the nuance, and that's fine. Smile