Favorite Coaster Color Scheme's....
Lets have a discussion on whats everyone's favorite plaint color schemes for a roller coaster?
Ok Go.....
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(12-12-2019, 03:58 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Lets have a discussion on whats everyone's favorite plaint color schemes for a roller coaster?
Ok Go.....
Something about red track just gets me...Cannibal, Maverick, X2. Absolutely gorgeous! Also, I love Riddler's color scheme @ Magic Mountain. The green and yellow make the ride pop, unlike its old ugly green and black scheme.
Smiler. I just love black track with black supports.
(12-14-2019, 02:55 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Smiler. I just love black track with black supports.
In actuality, it's moss covered and corroded grey (faded black) track.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-14-2019, 08:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: In actuality, it's moss covered and corroded grey (faded black) track.

Well, I liked the look of it when it opened! They do need a repaint though... it’s been a Six Flags amount of time between repaints!
(12-16-2019, 10:57 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Well, I liked the look of it when it opened! They do need a repaint though... it’s been a Six Flags amount of time between repaints!
It's only been 6 years since Smiler opened and you totally don't understand the climate in Great Britain. lol Six Flags doesn't paint things for 10+ Years unless it's a refurb and it also costs millions of dollars to repaint a large coaster as well.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(12-16-2019, 01:20 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It's only been 6 years since Smiler opened and you totally don't understand the climate in Great Britain. lol Six Flags doesn't paint things for 10+ Years unless it's a refurb and it also costs millions of dollars to repaint a large coaster as well.

I know that the weather is either overcast, or overcast and rainy lol. But still, black paint does fade away very quickly. I think that maybe they should just embrace it and have gray paint with gray supports, and then it would blend in with the sky and then less complaints from the locals!
(12-12-2019, 03:58 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Lets have a discussion on whats everyone's favorite plaint color schemes for a roller coaster?
Ok Go.....
Definitely Nemesis at Alton Towers!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(12-16-2019, 03:41 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I know that the weather is either overcast, or overcast and rainy lol. But still, black paint does fade away very quickly. I think that maybe they should just embrace it and have gray paint with gray supports, and then it would blend in with the sky and then less complaints from the locals!
There's a reason why most residences in the UK are painted a bland/drab color....it still looks just as good 20 years on, unlike a bright color, which fades quickly. This is why you will see many bright or dark colored doors, as they are easy and relatively inexpensive to paint year, after year, after year. I have seen many buildings in Douglas, IOM, go through years long refurbishments.....only to look the same. lol