Poll: Do you show up for opening/closing?
This poll is closed.
We show up at opening!
14.29%
1 14.29%
We stay until closing!
14.29%
1 14.29%
Open to close is the only way!
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Open/closing
Just wondering if anyone shows up to lagoon at opening?
Also if you don't do you stay until closing?
I used to get there before the park opens and stayed until it closes. Now I kind of show up in the middle of the day or closer to evening and then just stay a couple of hours. It also depends on the time of year. During pre-season, I'm usually there from open to close on a day or two checking out all the new stuff.
I have tried to get there for opening... Never had such luck with 3 kids... I have also tried to stay till closing with no such luck with the wife... I really like being at lagoon when they turn on all of the rides lights
(01-09-2020, 09:08 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I have tried to get there for opening... Never had such luck with 3 kids... I have also tried to stay till closing with no such luck with the wife... I really like being at lagoon when they turn on all of the rides lights

I am in that same boat lol.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
I have gone on opening day, at rope drop, for the past two years, and I plan to continue that.
When I go, I try to get there for opening (or at least as close to opening as possible) and then stay there until closing. There's enough of a commute for me, and the cost is enough, even with a discount (last time I used the Coke product deal that took $9 off the price), that I want to get as much as I can out of it.
I leave Idaho around 7am to make it by rope drop! I try to stay until closing, but the latest I'm usually there is 9 since I want to be able to make it home before it gets too late.
One of the best benefits of the season pass, IMHO, is you can come/go whenever you want. You don't really feel obligated to "get your money's worth" like you do with a single day pass. Plus if the park is super busy and over-flow parking is full, you can just leave after a quick walk around the park.

I personally never arrive when the rope drops but we do usually close the park.

We've stayed at the camp ground a few times so got to see Dragon startingĀ up. It was cool.
it will be nice for us to have a season pass again after only getting a single day pass for the past several years.