Moving rides
So I noticed this picture on Instagram today
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7W5lODl-Se/...hare_sheet
Are they moving Musica or are they just fixing it up?
I can't imagine that they have it this far apart with out something happening!
(01-15-2020, 09:11 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So I noticed this picture on Instagram today
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7W5lODl-Se/...hare_sheet
Are they moving Musica or are they just fixing it up?
I can't imagine that they have it this far apart with out something happening!
Na. Musik is always that torn down in winter. It won't be moving.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(01-15-2020, 09:49 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Na. Musik is always that torn down in winter. It won't be moving.
This.  Most rides get torn down to this stage during the off-season.  In turn, they go back to the shop for NDT, clean-up, repair, re-lubing, etc.  A month or two before the season starts, the parts go back out & are reassembled & tested to get them ready for training & opening day.  While they're not in the shop, they're usually stored in a pavilion or terrace to keep them out of the elements.
(01-16-2020, 12:44 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: This.  Most rides get torn down to this stage during the off-season.  In turn, they go back to the shop for NDT, clean-up, repair, re-lubing, etc.  A month or two before the season starts, the parts go back out & are reassembled & tested to get them ready for training & opening day.  While they're not in the shop, they're usually stored in a pavilion or terrace to keep them out of the elements.
Yup. The cars being gone made cleaning under Musik in preseason much easier lol

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
That’s super interesting! I’m glad lagoon posted those, I’ve always been super interested in what they do every year to keep the rides running great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-16-2020, 12:05 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: That’s super interesting! I’m glad lagoon posted those, I’ve always been super interested in what they do every year to keep the rides running great!

I wish they did more of this. Only those of us who have worked there in the off-season really know what goes on.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
(01-16-2020, 01:15 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I wish they did more of this. Only those of us who have worked there in the off-season really know what goes on.
LOVED seeing today's post with all of the parts torn down for inspection.  99% sure the wheels shown (both the larger ones and the smaller ones; larger ones being road wheels and smaller ones being either guide wheels or upstop wheels, a bit hard to tell with all the lube seepage) are from Fire Dragon.  Also 99% sure that the spherical bearings in the blue carton are the bearings in the center of the Fire Dragon wheel housings (where the center pin goes through and the two halves of the housings pivot around).
(01-16-2020, 10:42 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: LOVED seeing today's post with all of the parts torn down for inspection.  99% sure the wheels shown (both the larger ones and the smaller ones; larger ones being road wheels and smaller ones being either guide wheels or upstop wheels, a bit hard to tell with all the lube seepage) are from Fire Dragon.  Also 99% sure that the spherical bearings in the blue carton are the bearings in the center of the Fire Dragon wheel housings (where the center pin goes through and the two halves of the housings pivot around).

I saw that, and I had no idea what ride those went to! Thanks so much, I was meaning to see if one of you guys knew!