A ride on the Evermore Express
(01-21-2020, 10:23 PM)linearinduction Wrote: People don't believe that myself and the other 3 who worked at Cedar Point in 2001 were asked, on our very first shift, what it was like working for Lagoon, Dave, and with others in Lagoon's Senior Management, by Dick Kinzel (President and CEO of Cedar Fair, L.P.), Daniel Keller (Vice President and General Manager of Cedar Point), Bill Spehn (Director of Park Operations), and Peggy Bertsch (Park Operations Director of Training and Development). Of course, whether people believe me or not doesn't really matter to me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Same lol
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(01-21-2020, 09:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Ian, you say you want to see a Woodie at this park. I have to ask, on what property would you place it, who would own said property, and who would own, operate, and maintain it?

Yes, I've been critical of this park since it's inception/announcement, and they haven't disappointed me since! lol

I haven't thought that much into it. The park being land locked is one thing the park hasn't done correct and not much can be done now. I do think your a bit over critical of Evermore. They aren't perfect but no park is. I have enjoyed my visits to Evermore.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(01-21-2020, 11:52 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I haven't thought that much into it. The park being land locked is one thing the park hasn't done correct and not much can be done now. I do think your a bit over critical of Evermore. They aren't perfect but no park is. I have enjoyed my visits to Evermore.
I'm only critical because ever since it was announced there were, and still are, numerous red flags. Then, there is the raping and pillaging of antiquities from Europe for a bloody theme park, that I find morally reprehensible. I get it, here in America, we don't have many stone structures that date to the 17th century. It's just one of the many things we as Americans don't get. Maybe it's because one of my favorite, and most beautiful places in the whole world, is St. Patrick's Isle and Peel Castle on the Isle of Man, that dates back to the 11th century and was built by Vikings. To touch something that old, to feel it, is a spiritual experience that is difficult to describe, until you do. Then, to see what vandals and selfish, ignorant people, have done to parts of it, to other monuments and places, is infuriating to say the least.

To put it into local terms people in Utah might relate to. Let's say that after the original Najvoo Temple was burned down, and Mormons driven out, that that original surviving structure was sold to some atheists, moved to Las Vegas, and turned into an adult book/video store. How would that feel?

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Up by Granite Park the LDS church sold off the old church the pioneers who built the SLC temple went to, an artist bought it and now his son owns it and has a little paid haunt there during Halloween. It's pretty cool. I've never heard a single complaint.

The idea of Europe being ravaged of its cultural identity by a little theme park in Utah cracks me up. Oh what will the British Museum ever do?!?!? LMAO
Twirling Ribbons 
Is the spiel that you hear while riding the train recorded, or is it said while someone is driving the train?

Also, is the raping and pillaging of Europe part of the interactive experience? Asking for a friend.
(01-22-2020, 01:35 AM)Willenator Wrote: Is the spiel that you hear while riding the train recorded, or is it said while someone is driving the train?

Also, is the raping and pillaging of Europe part of the interactive experience? Asking for a friend.

It was the town executioner giving the spiel while the engineer was driving. Two people can sit in the engine. If you answer his question at the end correctly I think he'll give you some gold. I didn't actually get the normal park experience on this visit so it's hard for me to say how much pillaging is going on. I think there was at least a little bit.
Twirling Ribbons 
(01-22-2020, 02:58 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: It was the town executioner giving the spiel while the engineer was driving. Two people can sit in the engine. If you answer his question at the end correctly I think he'll give you some gold.

Ok. I was curious if someone was actually talking, so that is good to know. Thanks. Smile
(01-22-2020, 02:58 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: It was the town executioner giving the spiel while the engineer was driving. Two people can sit in the engine. If you answer his question at the end correctly I think he'll give you some gold. I didn't actually get the normal park experience on this visit so it's hard for me to say how much pillaging is going on. I think there was at least a little bit.
Gotta collect the gold. Completing the quests is the best part of going to evermore.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits