Anybody remember these and/or still have them?
I visited my parents today and my mom handed me a can and told me I could "borrow" them for awhile, but they're going to be mine when they pass. I am actually looking forward to it because they're awesome souvenirs of my family's early years at Lagoon. So many memories![Image: 88fbc75a03bc8ed90a59068fc7f583a8.jpg]

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950U mit Tapatalk
I do remember those. I believe my parents have a few as well. It's been a long time since I've seen one though. I bet they couldn't find them if I asked. lol

I remember my dad complaining about the photographers that "stalked" park guests as they went in to enjoy their day. He hated being asked for a souvenir photo every time he went into the park.
(02-05-2020, 11:32 PM)Willenator Wrote: I do remember those. I believe my parents have a few as well. It's been a long time since I've seen one though. I bet they couldn't find them if I asked. lol

I remember my dad complaining about the photographers that "stalked" park guests as they went in to enjoy their day. He hated being asked for a souvenir photo every time he went into the park.

I think that I have a couple of Lagoon ones, but I know right away where one is from another park that my wife attended while in band.

What ever happened as to why they don't do these anymore or pictures on Fire dragon?
Good question. I don't recall when the photo keychains were last sold at Lagoon. It seems like those could be found at lots of parks then they just went away. Maybe the popularity of them just went away as digital cameras became popular making it super easy for people to capture their own photos.

I'm sure Fire Dragon Photos was lack of interest in the souvenir. I don't recall many of those selling.

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk
(02-06-2020, 12:20 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I think that I have a couple of Lagoon ones, but I know right away where one is from another park that my wife attended while in band.

What ever happened as to why they don't do these anymore or pictures on Fire dragon?
They ended during the 2004 season.
(02-06-2020, 12:25 AM)Willenator Wrote: Good question. I don't recall when the photo keychains were last sold at Lagoon. It seems like those could be found at lots of parks then they just went away. Maybe the popularity of them just went away as digital cameras became popular making it super easy for people to capture their own photos.

I'm sure Fire Dragon Photos was lack of interest in the souvenir. I don't recall many of those selling.

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

I think they didn't sell well because Lagoon was using a modified security camera to take them and they turned out poorly.  I do think Lagoon is missing a good opportunity not having a camera on the bottom of Cannibal's drop.

Like this: The coordinator turned the camera on to get a picture of me during my first supervisor test ride in 2004.
[Image: 6f72a0910eee7165cb822d782d0ba1d2.png]
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
Maverick, how about a picture of the photos inside the keychain? Those should bring back memories.
(02-06-2020, 10:30 AM)Brăden Wrote: Maverick, how about a picture of the photos inside the keychain? Those should bring back memories.
Yep, they all have pictures inside them of myself, my parents, my siblings, aunts and cousins during different visits from about 1988-1994. I was thinking it would be cool to share those on social media for my family, but I don't know if I can capture a proper copy of them.

I would think Lagoon could sell a lot of on-ride souvenir photos, since most people can't or shouldn't be taking these themselves. Cedar Point has a digital photo cloud (I went last in 2017). I'm really glad we have those photos.  Happy
(02-08-2020, 10:14 AM)gregwibert Wrote: I would think Lagoon could sell a lot of on-ride souvenir photos, since most people can't or shouldn't be taking these themselves. Cedar Point has a digital photo cloud (I went last in 2017). I'm really glad we have those photos.  Happy

They so could. I have one of my first ride on TTD. Its a great souvenir.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(02-08-2020, 12:23 AM)Maverick Wrote: Yep, they all have pictures inside them of myself, my parents, my siblings, aunts and cousins during different visits from about 1988-1994. I was thinking it would be cool to share those on social media for my family, but I don't know if I can capture a proper copy of them.

It's tricky, but I've managed to get an okay picture inside one before. You could try putting it up to a smartphone camera and pointing it at a light source.