COVID-19 And The 5.7 Earthquake
COVID-19 (commonly referred to as “Coronavirus”) has started spreading very quickly within the United States, and with the first confirmed case in Utah, I though I’d share some information about COVID-19.

As of right now, the CDC recommends that you wash your hands frequently, and to stay home if you feel ill. Basically, just do stuff that you’d do if you had the flu. 

The World Health Organization (WHO) has a page on their website that they recommend visiting daily for updates on COVID-19.

John Hopkins University has a live map on their website, it is extremely useful, I use it every day. 

Stay safe!
(03-09-2020, 09:24 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: COVID-19 (commonly referred to as “Coronavirus”) has started spreading very quickly within the United States, and with the first confirmed case in Utah, I though I’d share some information about COVID-19.

As of right now, the CDC recommends that you wash your hands frequently, and to stay home if you feel ill. Basically, just do stuff that you’d do if you had the flu. 

The World Health Organization (WHO) has a page on their website that they recommend visiting daily for updates on COVID-19.

John Hopkins University has a live map on their website, it is extremely useful, I use it every day. 

Stay safe!

You didn't mention about purchasing any and all TP and water you can find!
Also that if your in WA that you need to purchase all of the can foods you can find!
(03-09-2020, 09:55 AM)DeLorean Wrote: You didn't mention about purchasing any and all TP and water you can find!
Also that if your in WA that you need to purchase all of the can foods you can find!

Oh yeah, when we went to Sams Club, we couldn’t find a single TP thing, nor could we find cases of water. Everyone needs to calm down, the media is blowing this out of proportion.
Is it bad that I keep hoping the virus fear will lessen crowds a bit at Lagoon this year?
(03-09-2020, 03:53 PM)Willenator Wrote: Is it bad that I keep hoping the virus fear will lessen crowds a bit at Lagoon this year?

Win

(I've been hoping for the same thing!)
Another helpful tip is to watch 24/7 news coverage of the virus, whip yourself into a panic, crash the stock market and dig a bunker in your back yard. IMO you're much more likely to get violently sick from the water in LAB.
(03-09-2020, 04:13 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Another helpful tip is to watch 24/7 news coverage of the virus, whip yourself into a panic, crash the stock market and dig a bunker in your back yard. IMO you're much more likely to get violently sick from the water in LAB.

Okay but can we talk about how Cedar Fair is actually surviving and will come out of the Coronavirus just fine, but Six Flags is... dying? Six Flags has a stock price of $18.22! From $53 just six months ago! And Cedar Fair is definitely down, but they’re down to $32.05 from $56.30 just six months ago.
(03-10-2020, 09:50 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Okay but can we talk about how Cedar Fair is actually surviving and will come out of the Coronavirus just fine, but Six Flags is... dying? Six Flags has a stock price of $18.22! From $53 just six months ago! And Cedar Fair is definitely down, but they’re down to $32.05 from $56.30 just six months ago.

Yea Disney Stocks are down $30 or so since Feb.
Lots of talk about ghost flights and flights with like half the people on them.
Our flight from SFO to LHR wasn't full, but our flight from LHR to Joburg was... Flights back where not as bad/full which was nice. I can't imagine what a half full flight would be like now.

As far as Six flags we all kinda knew they where doing badly already.

It must be nice to be family owned and not have to worry about stock prices.

The stock market will recover it always does, how ever if you have extra money on hand it might be a GREAT time to purchase some stocks
(03-10-2020, 12:15 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Yea Disney Stocks are down $30 or so since Feb.
Lots of talk about ghost flights and flights with like half the people on them.
Our flight from SFO to LHR wasn't full, but our flight from LHR to Joburg was... Flights back where not as bad/full which was nice. I can't imagine what a half full flight would be like now.

As far as Six flags we all kinda knew they where doing badly already.

It must be nice to be family owned and not have to worry about stock prices.

The stock market will recover it always does, how ever if you have extra money on hand it might be a GREAT time to purchase some stocks

Win
(03-10-2020, 12:15 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Lots of talk about ghost flights and flights with like half the people on them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51809318

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51818492