Family Dark Ride....
If Lagoon were to build a Family friendly dark ride what theme would you use in it? Just a fun discussion.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
Wild West Shootout
Located in PV, simple dark ride vehicles similar to Terroride's travel through an old west themed adventure. Riders are armed with light guns that can cause the real life props to react when targets are hit, basically a ride-thru classic shooting gallery.

Unnamed bugs ride
Located in kiddie land, simple dark ride vehicles with fiberglass shells that make them resemble different insects. Riders will be taken on a ride through a garden seeing things from a bug's perspective. Animatronic insects inhabit the forest of flowers and giant versions of every day objects will appear as well.

Puff's Adventure.
Located near the main midway. A modern suspended floorless dark ride. A story driven ride where riders join Puff on a flight and adventure across his home of Lake Park. They will meet many of his companions; the jumping dragon, Z the dragon, the bat, bulgy the whale, and others. One room in the ride would include a flight over a full miniature version of Lake Park (inspired by Lagoon). The story would mirror the lion's paw story with Colossus the fire dragon as the lion. Colossus would be quite fierce and menacing at first, but after Puff helps him we learn that he's actually a very kind and wise dragon.
Twirling Ribbons 
I've said for a long time that the park needs a family dark ride...
I really love the Pioneer Village idea. First of all that part of the park needs another attraction desperately. I would build a higher tech version of what Luke suggested. First of all you would need vehicles With at least a 4 to 6 person capacity. They would rotate and ideally be on a motion base. I would combine both live action props mixed in with screens with of coarse a wild west theme. I wonder if the grass area across from the old mill would be large enough to hold this?
My original idea would be a Midway Mania style ride in Kiddie land.
I'm sure Sally has an off the shelf modifiable model to fit either need (or various other manufactures.)
Either one IMO opinion would be a huge hit at the park with Utah's family demographic.
The old PVRR zoo has way more than enough space for a dark ride, and an entrance bridge across the creek could go right next to the blacksmith shop.
Twirling Ribbons 
(03-20-2020, 10:49 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: The old PVRR zoo has way more than enough space for a dark ride, and an entrance bridge across the creek could go right next to the blacksmith shop.
Why I think your idea for this is brilliant is because it gives PV another major ride that would not generate excess noise (which I have always thought was the stupidest thing ever. The park's been there longer than anyone's been alive. If you have a problem with amusement park noise, don't move next to an amusement park!) It's been so long I can barely remember the PVRR. It had a zoo?
(03-20-2020, 11:44 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Why I think your idea for this is brilliant is because it gives PV another major ride that would not generate excess noise (which I have always thought was the stupidest thing ever. The park's been there longer than anyone's been alive. If you have a problem with amusement park noise, don't move next to an amusement park!) It's been so long I can barely remember the PVRR. It had a zoo?

There's a great big zoo habitat with bison that you can now only access from the Lagoon trail, but you can also see some yaks or something in there from across the creek next to the blacksmith shop in the empty area where there was once the round adobe house.

It's here:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=977]

Twirling Ribbons 
(03-20-2020, 11:55 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: There's a great big zoo habitat with bison that you can now only access from the Lagoon trail, but you can also see some yaks or something in there from across the creek next to the blacksmith shop in the empty area where there was once the round adobe house.

It's here:
I had no idea that was there. That is an absolutely perfect spot. Not only is there lots of room but it could help to draw people to that area and help with crowding in others.
They need to build a new water park and then they can build a dark ride where LAB is currently located!
That is also a good idea. Where would you locate the new water park? (and do you think Lagoon would spend the money to do that?)
(03-20-2020, 11:55 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: There's a great big zoo habitat with bison that you can now only access from the Lagoon trail, but you can also see some yaks or something in there from across the creek next to the blacksmith shop in the empty area where there was once the round adobe house.

It's here:

Its  that same piece my GCI woodie design used for the first turn around. The only problem with a dark ride is the two creeks in the area.

[Image: 9d386910eedb2dda3ec8ce7c690d512b.jpg]
(03-21-2020, 11:58 AM)DeLorean Wrote: They need to build a new water park and then they can build a dark ride where LAB is currently located!

That would be a sweet idea.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits