Poll: Will you go to Lagoon on Opening day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Will you be going on opening day?
Lagoon opens on the 28th so will you go on opening day?
Well, considering that as of right now, there’s 112 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Utah, and that the actual number is much higher because not everyone shows symptoms, I don’t feel safe going to Lagoon until COVID-19 is no longer seen as a threat.
As we've all see lately a lot can change in a week. As things sit right now I think the responsible thing for the park to do is push opening back a couple of weeks and see what the situation is at that point.
I'd go but it isn't going to happen very soon unfortunately.
Twirling Ribbons 
I'll go, if Lagoon is open.  Unsure
Well the report that I am getting is they did training this weekend... I guess we will know with in the next few days
(03-22-2020, 10:18 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Well the report that I am getting is they did training this weekend... I guess we will know with in the next few days

Personally, this is the first time I've really been disappointed in Lagoon in awhile.  With the current state of affairs with the COVID-19 pandemic, especially given the large percentage of Work & Travel staff that are likely to have been in the trainings, I see this as borderline reckless; ill-advised to say the least.

Even professional sports leagues that were getting ready to start up in the next few weeks have postponed practices and training at this point, if not seasons outright.  Lagoon made a bad call.
I think the chance of Lagoon opening is very small, and if they do it'll only be for one day and they'll close again after they are chastised globally and ordered to close by officials. There's already a lot of comments on their Instagram post...
Twirling Ribbons 
I do not know the legal/unemployment liability not opening on time would have on the park. From the crowds I've seen seen during the first couple of opening weeks unless the weather is amazing I don't see them losing out on much. If they do open and it's later revealed that it was a major virus transmission spot that could be a legal/liability/PR nightmare. If the park is worried about angering season pass holders the BEST way they could make it up to them is by tacking on the usual last week of Frightmares which is oddly missing this year (and/or discounting next years pass for them.)
(03-23-2020, 01:59 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Personally, this is the first time I've really been disappointed in Lagoon in awhile.  With the current state of affairs with the COVID-19 pandemic, especially given the large percentage of Work & Travel staff that are likely to have been in the trainings, I see this as borderline reckless; ill-advised to say the least.

Even professional sports leagues that were getting ready to start up in the next few weeks have postponed practices and training at this point, if not seasons outright.  Lagoon made a bad call.
I agree though the work and travel employees dont arrive until june typically. Regardless I still think Lagoon should push back its opening.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits