Spider part deux?
Ok so since I've been stuck in my house for almost 3 weeks and I'm having a slow motion mental break down(enjoy everybody!) Here's a new random thread...

It's quite common for a park to retheme/redo an attraction. What if Lagoon gave spider the Hersey park treatment? They're basically the same ride. I think the cost to enclose and theme that would be significantly lower than a new off the shelf coaster to the park. I'm thinking that in the future it would be a great way to add new life to an old ride at significant savings . Just an idea...
(04-06-2020, 07:28 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: It's quite common for a park to retheme/redo an attraction. What if Lagoon gave spider the Hersey park treatment? They're basically the same ride. I think the cost to enclose and theme that would be significantly lower than a new off the shelf coaster to the park. I'm thinking that in the future it would be a great way to add new life to an old ride at significant savings . Just an idea...
That would be cool. What theme would you have them do inside?
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(04-06-2020, 07:33 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: That would be cool. What theme would you have them do inside?
Well the theme could be whatever they want. I think the simplest idea would just be to keep the spider theme. They could do a Space Mountain theme. I think there are a ton of possibilities. The main cost would be the structure but really the cost of a warehouse versus a whole new coaster? The effects inside in a dark enclosed space could be done for very little money. Lagoon could even change it out for Frightmares. Viola! A whole 'new' major attraction for the year for a lot less money. Something I'm sure the park is going to be interested in doing after the mess this year is turning in to plus I can only imagine what Primordial is costing. Another benefit. Aging from the weather would no longer be an issue.
I prefer the idea of putting Jet Star in a large tent.
(04-06-2020, 09:33 AM)JordanM Wrote: I prefer the idea of putting Jet Star in a large tent.

It's been done and didn't work well for the park in the UK that did it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hole...r_coaster)
https://youtu.be/DdW2WsYzD9c
(04-06-2020, 09:33 AM)JordanM Wrote: I prefer the idea of putting Jet Star in a large tent.
Yes that is cool. Was is Alton towers that did that?  The problem with that is that anyone over 30 or with a neck or back issue would have zero desire to ride. Anyway I'm really liking the 'space mountain' idea for this. It is SO simple and could be so much fun. Imagine they build a building over the ride. All they would need to do is enclose the station, lift hill and brake run inside the building. They could put some glow in the dark strips on the spider cars(space pods?) and have some 'space ports' in the station where you could watch the glow in the dark action go by. The most involved effects would be the lift hill and the brake run. inside the ride a moving star projector and maybe a few other things is all that would be needed. A completely new...copied ride. It doesn't matter. Disney does not own the rights to a roller coaster in outer space. The Lagoon GP will come off loving it! It was like a spinning Space Mountain!! Just an idea...what's yours?
(04-06-2020, 09:55 AM)DeLorean Wrote: It's been done and didn't work well for the park in the UK that did it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hole...r_coaster)
https://youtu.be/DdW2WsYzD9c

(04-06-2020, 09:57 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Yes that is cool. Was is Alton towers that did that?  The problem with that is that anyone over 30 or with a neck or back issue would have zero desire to ride.

I see you both sort of got the joke. Rolleyes

If they did that, then at least the ride running through the brake run when it starts raining wouldn’t be an issue.
That sounds like a good way to break your back.
(04-06-2020, 07:46 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Well the theme could be whatever they want. I think the simplest idea would just be to keep the spider theme. They could do a Space Mountain theme. I think there are a ton of possibilities. The main cost would be the structure but really the cost of a warehouse versus a whole new coaster? The effects inside in a dark enclosed space could be done for very little money. Lagoon could even change it out for Frightmares. Viola! A whole 'new' major attraction for the year for a lot less money. Something I'm sure the park is going to be interested in doing after the mess this year is turning in to plus I can only imagine what Primordial is costing. Another benefit. Aging from the weather would no longer be an issue.
That would make it much more exciting. The best part of spider for me is the surf curves.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits