Lagoon 2020
With the way things seem to be progressing, I'm sure that we will see Lagoon opening soon (I'm thinking beginning of June), so I think it is time to start the yearly thread to discuss things pertaining to Lagoon's 2020 season, changes we see at the park, and other general Lagoon stuff that doesn't really fit into its own thread. This will help keep discussion organized.

In our discussion in the Covid-19 thread, we were speculating what rides might not open when Sid mentioned that he has heard Jet Star 2 and Skycoaster will not open. It also appears that Sky Ride will also not open. I noticed that the cars were not on the cables when I went to Lagoon yesterday. Makes me wonder what other rides might not open this year.

We at least have the Biergarten for now. Looks like opening the Biergarten 4 days a week will be a thing going forward until the rest of the park opens up.
(05-17-2020, 11:42 AM)Willenator Wrote: With the way things seem to be progressing, I'm sure that we will see Lagoon opening soon (I'm thinking beginning of June), so I think it is time to start the yearly thread to discuss things pertaining to Lagoon's 2020 season, changes we see at the park, and other general Lagoon stuff that doesn't really fit into its own thread. This will help keep discussion organized.

In our discussion in the Covid-19 thread, we were speculating what rides might not open when Sid mentioned that he has heard Jet Star 2 and Skycoaster will not open. It also appears that Sky Ride will also not open. I noticed that the cars were not on the cables when I went to Lagoon yesterday. Makes me wonder what other rides might not open this year.

We at least have the Biergarten for now. Looks like opening the Biergarten 4 days a week will be a thing going forward until the rest of the park opens up.
My prediction: 
Shows will go on, just limited capacity! (The performers were practicing yesterday, so that's why I'm predicting that)
Half of kiddyland will need to be closed. That place is a social distancing nightmare.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
The 2 bumper car rides seem like the biggest possible spreaders of respiratory viruses at the park. When two people get in a head on collision not only are they within 6 feet but there's momentum towards each other and right at that instant the seat belt will compress the chest causing a sudden exhale from both sides towards the other. I'd like to see them open Boomerang with just one car on the floor though, I'd wait in the line to ride that.
Twirling Ribbons 
(05-17-2020, 02:44 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Half of kiddyland will need to be closed. That place is a social distancing nightmare.
You are 100 percent right on that.
Stuck at home...bored and annoyed.
(05-17-2020, 02:59 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'd like to see them open Boomerang with just one car on the floor though, I'd wait in the line to ride that.

That would be fun. Just drive around and spin the car in circles.
(05-17-2020, 02:59 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: The 2 bumper car rides seem like the biggest possible spreaders of respiratory viruses at the park. When two people get in a head on collision not only are they within 6 feet but there's momentum towards each other and right at that instant the seat belt will compress the chest causing a sudden exhale from both sides towards the other. I'd like to see them open Boomerang with just one car on the floor though, I'd wait in the line to ride that.

Well, the way I look at it, Boomerang is, in many ways, really just a not-too-inaccurate representation of Utah roads, so if you want to have the kind of experience that Boomerang offers without having to go on it, just go out and drive around on Utah's roads.
(05-17-2020, 06:44 PM)Gregory Wrote: Well, the way I look at it, Boomerang is, in many ways, really just a not-too-inaccurate representation of Utah roads, so if you want to have the kind of experience that Boomerang offers without having to go on it, just go out and drive around on Utah's roads.

The awesome thing about Boomerang is the way the cars steer. If I could turn my car's front wheels 360 degrees it would be a lot more fun and probably dangerous to drive. I'm usually trying to avoid collisions during the ride so I can just enjoy the unique vehicle control.
Twirling Ribbons 
Looks like the website was updated. They are moving to a reservation system to avoid crowding at main gate. Still doesn’t have an opening date, although season pass holders can go get pictures taken. Seems like we’re getting closer to opening day.
(05-22-2020, 12:38 PM)usufanforlife Wrote: Seems like we’re getting closer to opening day.

Smile