Roller Coaster Discussion
Since the old thread named this was closed. I figure time to start a new one. Does anybody know the species of wood Lagoon is using as they rebuild the new sections of the ride?

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
If anybody who is at the park and is bored if I could get some pictures of the interior bracing on the supports that would be great so I can make my recreation as accurate as possible.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
(06-06-2020, 11:42 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: If anybody who is at the park and is bored if I could get some pictures of the interior bracing on the supports that would be great so I can make my recreation as accurate as possible.

PM me
(05-29-2020, 02:27 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Since the old thread named this was closed. I figure time to start a new one. Does anybody know the species of wood Lagoon is using as they rebuild the new sections of the ride?
It looks like regular pressure treated lumber to me which is usually pine pumped full of chemicals.
Stuck at home...bored and annoyed.
(06-06-2020, 05:19 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: It looks like regular pressure treated lumber to me which is usually pine pumped full of chemicals.

Cool. I've got some of that laying around. I'll do some color blending and figure out a color. The picture below is the area I'm looking for images of the supports, so I can make this as accurate as possible.

[Image: 0ae7e2b2727c21ed9861c957ef589010.jpg]

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
[Image: 211018efdaaf13a97e07c8fa6eafae67.jpg]

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
Custom Supports are beginning to take shape. This requires a powerful machine to do. The wood color I have derived from a picture of the wood color of the ride. My program can take a sample image and recreate the color. Its not perfect but its getting there.

So, I have been thinking, though I would never condone it in real life, I will give Roller Coaster the RMC treatment as soon as I'm done with the full recreation just for fun. So what name would give it and what RMC elements do you think I should include?

[Image: 3bc8fb2d6e377a73085ed34f84532cce.jpg]

[Image: e9c2c51cb04fb08b396771a0327d8c7e.jpg]

Along with Custom Supports, the safety fencing is going in too.
[Image: d97fe0a00055ea6b5865962bffee3a22.jpg]

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
Great work!! That looks awesome! Personally on RMC Roller Coaster, a wave turn would be cool! Maybe a stall on an airtime hill, or a turnaround like Twisted Cyclone for the first turn around? I’m excited to see what you come up with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-16-2020, 08:32 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Great work!! That looks awesome! Personally on RMC Roller Coaster, a wave turn would be cool! Maybe a stall on an airtime hill, or a turnaround like Twisted Cyclone for the first turn around? I’m excited to see what you come up with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll keep those in mind.

Here is another update picture from today's work.
[Image: 674f8acc2a367a0f9ec9cbfa01abceba.jpg]

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
Ha ha! The JLG Lift! Now that is attention to detail! Happy